New Billing System
We have recently written to all our clients to advise them of some changes we have made to the way in which we invoice clients for the work we do.
As you may be aware, for many years, we have invoiced clients on a quarterly basis for the work done in the previous three months. With effect from March 2010, we introduced a system which more closely aligns billing with the timing of work.
Bills are now “triggered” by one of the following events:
- Drafting of annual accounts
- Finalisation of annual accounts
- Preparation and completion of a VAT return
- PAYE quarter dates, 5 January, 5 April etc. (for those for whom we do payroll work)
- Completion of a special assignment (e.g. preparation of a cash flow forecast)
- The value of taxation and other work having reached £100 since the date of the previous bill
The changes may result in our charges in a year being spread over more than four bills but do not, of course, affect the total amount we charge for the work we do. We will not send out more than one invoice in a calendar month.
We think clients will find the new system of billing more transparent and timely than the previous one, but if there are any concerns please do not hesitate to contact Roger Troughton or Michael Wood on 01900603623.